Principal Infrastructure Engineer
- Denver, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 150,000.00 per year
About the Team:
We live and breathe big data. On a daily basis, we ingest and extract useful information from hundreds of live TV channels as well as collect, analyze and report on information from millions of TVs.
We're all in with AWS and make extensive use of many of their services. On any given day we are running over 3,000 instances with a stack and application set that includes Ubuntu, C, Python, RDS, SQS, and Redshift. The Operations team relies heavily on Salt, Stackdriver, Rundeck, Elastic, and similar technologies.
As any organization that has grown organically and significantly over time, there is a lot to manage and a fair amount of tech debt. This means you will have the opportunity to come in and manage what we have while helping to reimagine how we approach specific operational challenges such as administration, monitoring, logging, configuration management, and automation.
- You have significant experience working in 24x7 customer-facing production environments and are willing to work on rotation.
- You have a deep background with monitoring/alerting, configuration management, automation as well as integration and deployment pipelines.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language (Python preferred but not required).
- You have good AWS experience with at least some of their core infrastructure-related tools and services such as IAM, S3, SQS, RDS, etc.
- You are someone that people come to when they need help because they know you want to. You strive to understand the problem you are trying to solve before deciding on the solution, and you are thoughtful and methodical in its implementation vs. using shiny new untested tech.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $150,000/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Back to top