Lead iOS Software Engineer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America’s fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Lead iOS Software Engineer to be based in our Seattle office. The Lead iOS Software Engineer will play an important role, working closely with the mobile and technology-services teams in developing our new technology, SmartCast. Additionally, the role will lead and assign projects, develop and architect solutions, and provide reviews and guidance in relation to mobile development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage in hands-on development, conduct code reviews, provide technical project leadership and mentor our highly motivated developers.
- Perform technical design and implementation of complex iOS applications. Experience handling release cycles with deployments to iTunes App Store.
- Review requirements, wireframes, and designs for technical feasibility, then work with the team to translate these into user stories that can be implement.
- Provide insights and recommendations regarding mobile architecture.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive background in Cocoa Framework, Objective-C, Swift. Understanding and command of iOS application build pipelines. Confident across the entire application lifecycle — concept, requirements, prototype, implementation, testing, deployment, production.
- 7+ years of experience with Software Development, 4+ years of in depth mobile development and Objective-C experience, 1+ years of Swift experience, and 1+ years of experience leading a small team of developers.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues to laymen and to translate their feedback .
- The desire to work on a diverse range of challenging projects.
- Passion for learning and rapid iteration.
- Experience with Android/Java is a plus.
- Experience in web development is a plus.
- Ability to work with Product and architect/design new features.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top