Lead Front End Software Engineer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer, Front End at our Seattle, WA offices.
The Lead Software Engineer, Front End will be responsible for building and managing user experiences on TV, mobile, tablets, and desktops. The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focus on the SmartCast product line. You will be a true owner of the end-to-end customer experience. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment.
You will implement features on SmartCast to deliver user-facing products. You will need to adequately handle architecting solutions for longevity, flexibility, and cost-effective solutions all while performing at scale.
Additional responsibilities will include building a relationship with various vendors, manage product releases, participate in design and code reviews. You will have the ability to have a strong influence on the overall SmartCast product by pushing best practices for front-end engineering.
The Lead Front End Software Engineer will:
- Design, develop, and architect customer facing applications.
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Write unit tests to cover all requirements/functionality.
- Work with designers and tech team to optimize solutions for speed, beauty, and product effectiveness.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience with HTML and CSS, including concepts like layout and performance optimization
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Tools (Build Tools, Gulp, Grunt, Debuggers, Profilers, IDEs)
- Best Practices (DOM manipulation, CSS, Garbage Collection, I/O, etc)
- Styling Languages (CSS3, Less, Sass, Stylus, etc)
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top