iOS Software Engineer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking an iOS Software Engineer to be based in our Seattle office.
The iOS Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the SmartCast application aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers, and will primarily focus on the development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services and Bluetooth technologies. He/she will work alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
The iOS Software Engineer will:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive background in Cocoa Framework, Objective-C, Swift. Understanding and command of iOS application build pipelines. Confident across the entire application lifecycle -- concept, requirements, prototype, implementation, testing, deployment, production.
- 3+ years of experience with Software Development, 3+ years of in depth mobile development and Objective-C experience, 1+ years of Swift experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues to laymen and to translate their feedback.
- The desire to work on a diverse range of challenging projects
- Passion for learning and rapid iteratio
- Experience with Android/Java is a plus
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top