Ingest Software Engineer
Inscape Data, Inc. a VIZIO company is pioneering big data products from Smart TV viewing data. We are seeking an experienced Ingest/Software Engineer to manage ingesting streams of video.
Inscape is currently ingesting over 300 channels real-time for detection, with the number of channels growing over time at a large rate. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of MPEG video coding standards with experience using the FFMPEG libraries. Ingesting streams of video is a major part of our system, and we are looking for the stellar engineer to help us get it to the next level.
Duties of this role include:
- Own the design and development of significant components or modules and contributes to reviews of other components within the overall architecture
- Work with our various partners on ingesting their video streams. (Data Integration – Programming and implementing best logical and physical modeling practices on various data platforms to cleanly integrate into existing enterprise data models; executing data model components to achieve efficient storage utilization and best query performance.)
- Design, build and support APIs and REST-based web services that are exposed to other internal teams
- Ensure that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for accessibility, security, standard coding practices, performance and quality
- Utilize Big Data, ETL, data processing or data warehousing technologies that process very large datasets and databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent experience.
- 8-10+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of MPEG video coding standards.
- Experience using the FFMPEG libraries.
- Strong understanding of video delivery; both as various file formats as well as streaming formats.
- Very strong background in the C language.
- Understanding of IGMP v2 and IGMP v3.
- Very strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and network programming.
- Practical-minded – chooses stability/reliability/maintainability over shiny.
- Passionate about technology – ideally you build things outside of work for fun.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top