Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking an Industrial Designer at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a critical thinker, creative problem solver with a keen sense of aesthetics and the design tools to help the team bring compelling ideas to fruition.
- Personable, easy to work with, and passionate about creating innovative products and experiences. Must be articulate, resourceful and extremely meticulous.
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts visually (as this is a hands-on position), and doing whatever it takes to get products to market on time – including sketching, CAD modeling and rendering, some partner management and production follow through. The candidate must demonstrate a balance of both creative and analytical aptitude, as well as exceptional visual talent, instinct and problem solving skills.
- Synthesize information from management, marketing, engineering and development partners in addition to user/design/industry research to design and refine products solutions.
- Excellence in 2D sketching and visualization, 3D surfacing and photo realistic rendering.
- Follow through to sweat the details, solve challenges and enforce design intent.
- Understand user behavior as it relates to design and have a passion for creating meaningful user experiences.
- Team player that will be able to handle multiple different tasks to support the team.
- Make and take constructive criticism while maintaining a sense of humor and a balanced perspective.
- Design concept exploration and development (research, brainstorm, ideation, CMF exploration, 3D modeling, renderings, etc.)
- IDME ODM interaction and detail oversight/management from concept to mass production
- Cross-functional collaboration (Product, program, engineering, marketing, BP, legal, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- Years of related work experience: 1-3 years
- Provide a portfolio link or pdf (max 5mb)
- Proficient with: Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe suite, and MS Office
- Consumer Electronics experience – proven experience taking multiple projects from concept to mass production
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Crystal S.Associate Market Insight Manager
Crystal works to understand industry trends and risks, then prepares easy-to-understand reports to distribute across the company so that everyone is aware of potential strengths and weaknesses.
Back to top