Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking an Industrial Designer at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a critical thinker, creative problem solver with a keen sense of aesthetics and the design tools to help the team bring compelling ideas to fruition.
- Personable, easy to work with, and passionate about creating innovative products and experiences. Must be articulate, resourceful and extremely meticulous.
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts visually (as this is a hands-on position), and doing whatever it takes to get products to market on time – including sketching, CAD modeling and rendering, some partner management and production follow through. The candidate must demonstrate a balance of both creative and analytical aptitude, as well as exceptional visual talent, instinct and problem solving skills.
- Synthesize information from management, marketing, engineering and development partners in addition to user/design/industry research to design and refine products solutions.
- Excellence in 2D sketching and visualization, 3D surfacing and photo realistic rendering.
- Follow through to sweat the details, solve challenges and enforce design intent.
- Understand user behavior as it relates to design and have a passion for creating meaningful user experiences.
- Team player that will be able to handle multiple different tasks to support the team.
- Make and take constructive criticism while maintaining a sense of humor and a balanced perspective.
- Design concept exploration and development (research, brainstorm, ideation, CMF exploration, 3D modeling, renderings, etc.)
- IDME ODM interaction and detail oversight/management from concept to mass production
- Cross-functional collaboration (Product, program, engineering, marketing, BP, legal, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- Years of related work experience: 1-3 years
- Provide a portfolio link or pdf (max 5mb)
- Proficient with: Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe suite, and MS Office
- Consumer Electronics experience – proven experience taking multiple projects from concept to mass production
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top