Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking an Industrial Designer at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a critical thinker, creative problem solver with a keen sense of aesthetics and the design tools to help the team bring compelling ideas to fruition.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing environment, and knows how to adapt to these changes gracefully. Even with things in flux, maintains focus and has excellent follow-through skills to complete all tasks skillfully and on time.
- Personable, easy to work with, and passionate about creating innovative products and experiences. Must be articulate, resourceful and extremely meticulous.
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts visually (as this is a hands-on position), and doing whatever it takes to get products to market on time – including sketching, CAD modeling and rendering, some partner management and production follow through. The candidate must demonstrate a balance of both creative and analytical aptitude, as well as exceptional visual talent, instinct and problem solving skills.
- Synthesize information from management, marketing, engineering and development partners in addition to user/design/industry research to design and refine products solutions.
- Excellence in 2D sketching and visualization, 3D surfacing and photo realistic rendering.
- Follow through to sweat the details, solve challenges and enforce design intent.
- Understand user behavior as it relates to design and have a passion for creating meaningful user experiences.
- Team player that will be able to handle multiple different tasks to support the team.
- Make and take constructive criticism while maintaining a sense of humor and a balanced perspective.
- Design concept exploration and development (research, brainstorm, ideation, CMF exploration, 3D modeling, renderings, etc.)
- IDME ODM interaction and detail oversight/management from concept to mass production
- Cross-functional collaboration (Product, program, engineering, marketing, BP, legal, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- Years of related work experience: 1-3 years
- Provide a portfolio link or pdf (max 5mb)
- Proficient with: Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe suite, and MS Office
- Consumer Electronics experience – proven experience taking multiple projects from concept to mass production
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top