Frontend Software Engineer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. Our Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focuses on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
As a Software Engineer within VIZIO's Software Engineering team, the successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with other software engineers, program managers, product managers, and designers in developing frontend software for our SmartcastTV app. Candidates should be passionate about web application development, and building exciting consumer-oriented applications.
The Software Engineer will:
Software Infrastructure Development:
• Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions.
• Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
Software QA Testing:
• Responsible for testing their own code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
• Keeps track of bugs in their code, and fixes bugs in a timely manner.
Operational Planning and Execution:
• Manages programming tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager.
• Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
• Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
• Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of frontend web development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
• Strong understanding of web application development, client-side data storage, DOM manipulation, performance optimization, as well as current and near-future browser API support for HTML5 features.
• Proficient with CSS and experience with preprocessors such as Less, Sass, Stylus, etc.
• Knowledge of tools such as Build Tools, Gulp, Grunt, Debuggers, Profilers, IDEs
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
• Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
• Excellent communications skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
• Understanding of object-oriented programming and functional programming paradigms.
• Understanding of software algorithms and ability to determine runtime complexity of algorithms.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and TypeScript.
• Experience with .NET and C#.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Back to top