Director of Forecasting & Supply
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America’s fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Director of Forecasting & Supply at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
Director of Forecasting & Supply is part of TV Business Group and directly reports to Vice President of TV Business Group. This employee will take lead on achieving the VIZIO brand TV sales unit goals, tracking KPI for TV category.
Develops long term TV industry / market top down forecast and analysis to support strategic business decisions. Analysis of channel inventory, sell-through history, future promotions, competitive analytics, and seasonality by SKU / customer. Develop long term forecast plans. Collaboration with ODMs and Sales team to assure timely & sufficient supply of TV products to our customers. Responsible to improve overall supply plans with ODM partners including supply visibility, supply consistency, and prevent any operational issues. This employee will also have the responsibility to manage forecasting & supply team for daily operation. Help build, lead, and manage a world-class team of supply, forecasting managers & analysts.
- Achieving the VIZIO TV unit sales goals : Tracking KPI for respective category
- Financial unit forecasting & supply planning
- Develop and create long term financial plans including long term industry / market top down forecast
- Develops mid to long term supply chain with ODM to meet VIZIO forecast / demand
- Use quantitative analytic skillset to develop predictive and causal models to forecast product demand and solve complex business problems
- Develop and publish business critical reporting and dashboards used to support forecasting processes and marketing activities
- Lead weekly plan consensus & internal forecast meeting: coordinate with team on high priority issues for the week
- Lead retailer ladder management and alignment, analyze retail retailer sell-through and inventory data to form the basis for the market item forecast
- Work with Sales / Logistics team on weekly shipment tracking through resolving demand and supply issues
- Communicate with New Product Introduction (NPI) team to ensure product launches successfully and drive forecast process & IT system improvements
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to draw valid conclusions
- Proficient in Microsoft products with advanced Excel skills. (Experience in Kinaxis, Tableau, SAP, SQL and statistics / data blending tools preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception to completion
- Bachelor’s degree, M.B.A. preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years experience in Forecasting/Supply Chain/Analytics (in consumer electronics industry preferred)
- Knowledge of sales, products, finance, and supply chain functions
- Knowledge of forecasting tools and market data (Ex: NPD, HIS)
- Proven ability to set clear objectives, identify priorities, collaborate with business partners to streamline business and drive results
- High level of initiative
- Strong team player
- Process focused – ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Vizio, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top