Inscape Data Inc. is an industry leader in automatic content recognition, collecting content and advertising viewing habits from smart TVs. We enable advertisers, networks, agencies, and ad tech companies to better understand audience viewing trends with near-real time data. With an audience of millions of internet-connected televisions and devices at our disposal, we're empowering decision makers across multiple industries with important insights that let them develop a deeper understanding of audiences, make more intelligent ad-buying decisions, and be better prepared for changes in the market.
We are seeking a Director, Engineering to join our San Francisco based team.
The Director, Engineering will:
- Manage and work on optimizing our data processing pipeline for petabytes of data
- Own our data warehouse, as well as, real-time data reporting systems
- Formulate metrics quantifying performance of advanced data systems
- Design, manage, and use tools to understand our product platform behavior and performance
- Hire, Grow, and Retain a world class development team
- Value team excellence over individual productivity
- Collaborate with Product Managers, other engineering functions, and other teams across the company to deliver features that increase customer adoption and satisfaction
- Responsible for the software development life cycle including, but not limited to engineering, quality, and performance
- Overseeing the support of the production environment and ensuring compliance with SLAs
- B.S., B.A. degree in Computer Science/related field, or equivalent relevant experience
- 7+ years of industry experience building large-scale, data-driven applications or services
- 4+ years experience managing a team working with large amounts of real data
- Full stack development experience
- Thorough understanding of software architecture and object oriented design
- 2+ years developing in Python
- Competent developing SQL programs from scratch
- Professional developer – experienced with source control and bug tracking
- Experience with teams building REST APIs
- Experience owning and operating a mission critical service
- Experience with PostgreSQL or Amazon RedShift
- Able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for empirical research and answering hard questions
- Team/Lead player – demonstrated experience leading a team that shipped a high profile product
- Practical-minded – you choose stability/reliability/maintainability over "shiny"
- Passionate about technology – Do you build things outside of work for fun
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top