Director, Data Science
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking a Director, Data Science to be based in our San Francisco, CA offices.
As the Director, Data Science, the successful candidare will manage, mentor, and grow a team of best-in-class Data Scientists. In addition, the Director, Data Science will act as the public advocate for the data used in Inscape marketing, as well as an internal data science throughout the company.
The Director, Data Science will:
- Day to day management of the data science team/department, including hiring, mentorship, and providing professional and intellectual advice to our team of Data Scientists.
- Help the team prioritize projects based on business needs, meet growing expectations and responsibilities, and have a pronounced role in ideation, creation, and timely delivery of Inscape products, and design, build, and launch new data models for TV usage and associated online activity.
- Provide thought leadership in new data science algorithms. Lead development of new algorithms to enrich the Inscape data, predict and resolve issue in the data.
- Drive education and evangelization of data sciences throughout the business by communicating the vision and use cases of advanced analytics.
- Design and implement reporting and metrics that track and monitor the performance of our products, the quality of our data, and overall health of the business.
- Approval of reporting methodologies developed for clients.
- Engage the data science team of our clients and partners, to further the take-up of the data in the market.
• 5+ years Data Science experience outside of academia, with proven experience managing a data science team.
• Extensive industry knowledge in Advertising Technology, TV viewership measurement or Data Management Platforms.
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrated success presenting complex data and analysis (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action.
• Expert in Python and SQL. Must have experience writing production level code.
• Track record of driving change and collaborating effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision.
• Strong understanding of statistical analysis.
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions using data.
• Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or other related fields) from a leading academic institution.
• Experience with Nielsen data.
• Tableau, Periscope, AWS, Redshift and Spark are desirable.
- Significant industry knowledge in Advertising Technology, TV viewership measurement or Data Management Platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with set-top-box or smart TV data.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top