Director, Data Science
- San Francisco, CA
About the Team:
VIZIO is pioneering big data products from Smart TV viewing data. We are actively looking for a seasoned leader, highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Director of Data Science to help us scale Analytics & Data Science to the next level. As the head of our Data Science team reporting into our VP of Product, you will have significant leadership and influence on the evolution of our Product & Data organization.
- 10+ years of experience in Analytics and Data Science both as an individual contributor and managing teams.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field - computer science, engineering, statistics, operations research, etc.
- Experience designing a data science roadmap and executing the vision behind it.
- Experience installing a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
- Track record of recruiting talent in analytics and data science.
- Track record of delivering data-driven products and insights, and influencing product and engineering decisions.
- Strong experience in the TV media measurement and advertising industries.
- Experience with Machine Learning and Systems.
What You Will Do:
- Build and manage a team of the very top talent in data science and data analytics with the ability to not only keep up with, but also pioneer, in this space.
- Collaborate with and influence leadership so that your team's work directly impacts data products strategy.
- Develop new techniques and data that will enable answering previously unanswerable and new questions.
- Develop deep partnerships with engineering and product teams to deliver on major cross-functional measurements, testing, and modeling efforts.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including executives.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top