Director, Business Development
- New York, NY
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience through our community of connected consumers, advertisers, and media content providers. Through our connected entertainment platform, VIZIO is transforming the way consumers discover and experience media content. Since our founding in California in 2002, VIZIO has built an industry-leading brand of products, including televisions, sound bars and other devices. VIZIO's product leadership is highlighted by a number of industry reviews and awards, making the 2018 collection the most awarded in company history.
VIZIO's rapidly growing Business Development team is looking for a Director, Business Development. Based in either our Irvine or NYC offices and reporting to the VP, Business Development, the Director, BD will lead our application licensing efforts with the television networks (e.g. NBC, ABC, FOX, etc.). The Director, Business Development will put together strategic partnership proposals across internal verticals, including software, content, advertising, and data. This role requires end-to-end management: from developing a relationship, to developing deal terms, negotiating a contract, and on-going relationship and partnership maintenance post-close.
VIZIO's Business Development team is a fast-paced, and is looking for a deal closer who will excel at partnering with multiple internal teams to present creative and strategic proposals to network partners. This role requires an existing network of high level relationships and connections at the television networks and a track record of closing deals with major networks. The right candidate will possess a combination of critical thinking, business development and partnership skills.
The Director, Business Development will:
- Lead the BD team strategy for network engagement
- Develop deal strategy, incorporating financial analysis, research input, and stakeholder parameters
- Manage partnerships through coordination of regular partner meetings and business reviews.
- Evaluate partner performance and communicate insights to leadership.
- Create and deliver reports, overviews and presentations.
- Communicate status of deals continuously.
- Exceptional partnership management skills, with a focus on aligning long term objectives between organizations.
- A solid understanding of the technical requirements to launch a software application on a connected TV (CTV) platform.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships with content partners and industry counterparts.
- Solid cross-functional leadership skills with the ability to build consensus among teams (product, engineering, marketing, sales, finance).
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other office products.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- 7+ years of business development and contract negotiation experience, preferrably from the network studio side of the business.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in negotiating SVOD/TVOD/AVOD deals and/or content acquisition deals.
- Previously have held a position at a major network or OEM (device manufacturer) in a similar role.
- A solid understanding of the film industry, television market, and digital-distribution landscape, with knowledge of traditional licensing and revenue models for content and application licensing.
- Experience in redlining term sheets and agreements to be reviewed by counsel as well as the ability to assess recommendations provided by counsel and provide an internal summary.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top