Data Visualization Engineer
- Denver, CO
About the Team:
Vizio is looking for a Data Visualization Engineer to join our SmartCast platform team. In this role, the Data Visualization Engineer will be in the forefront of creating functional business intelligence. The successful candidate will handle and model large volumes of data, invent solutions to address ambiguous problems, and enable others to consume this intelligence. The Data Visualization Engineer will propose and define metrics for business reporting and product/process performance monitoring, as well as extract, integrate and work on critical data to build out data pipelines, automate reports, and dashboards to communicate findings and create self-service tools for internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology.
- Experience gathering business requirements, using business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, & build reports.
- Experience with query development, and visualization: SQL, NoSQL, Quicksight or Tableau.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well excellent presentation skills.
- You should have excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) that allow you to collaborate with business owners for developing insights from data and to answer questions for business stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- You will own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to support business needs.
- You will own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, NoSQL, Quicksight, Tableau, and PowerBI skill sets.
- You will implement customized ETL pipelines from diverse sources for higher data availability and to create a unified view of quality data for analytics and reporting.
- You will improve existing data processes and pipelines by implementing automation, data tuning and performance concepts creatively.
- You will use data mining, data modelling, data warehousing and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business.
- You will design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations, and present to business leaders and drive decisions.
- You will provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed, demonstrate business acumen, have experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures as well as the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in AWS data services such as AWS Redshift, EMR, EDX, etc.
- Practice software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Prior experience with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data mining
- 3+ years' experience as a business intelligence leader
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented, build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top