SQL Database Administrator
The following document will list all the SQL DBA responsibilities that are required for Viventium and the level of expertise that we think is required for performing those tasks.
The level of expertise is as follows: • 1 - Beginner • 2 - Intermediate • 3 -Expert
- Deployment (Level 2)
- Backups (Level 2/3)
- Monitoring (Level 2)
- Performance Optimization (Level 2/3)
- Database Architecture (Level 2/3)
- Handle/Troubleshoot production issues (Level 1/2/3)
- Scripting (Level 2/3)
- Development Environment (Level 1/2/3)
- Capacity planning (Level 2/3)
- New Server/Equipment (Level 2/3)
- Updates/Patching (Level 2) Perform SQL server patching on a scheduled basis
- Production Contact (Level 1/2/3)
- High availability/Failover (Level 2/3)
- Disaster Recovery (Level 2/3)
- Documentation (Level 1/2)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a DBA/SQL Developer in a production OLTP environment
- Experience in SQL server installation/administrations/updates/upgrades (2016)
- Strong experience with TSQL
- Powershell (3 or later)
- Ability to evaluate server/storage hardware, RAID configurations
- Good knowledge of Windows administration (2016)
- Experience in troubleshooting and optimizing query execution plans and performance
- Experience in troubleshooting concurrency, locking, blocking and deadlock issues
- Experience with log shipping 10
- Experience with availability groups (advantage)
At Viventium, you don't work, you build. We enable companies and their employees to do their best work. We know that employees want to thrive and employers want to do what is right. The human element of HCM is what we create through our technology, service and sales. HCM is a mindset, not a catch phrase, and it certainly is not a spectator sport! We promise a career changing experience where you matter. We believe that our future is dependent on the talent we recruit, develop, unleash, and retain. We believe that our client's success is the only thing we care about. If we can be strategic to our clients then their success will ensure ours.
Our company motto "in it with you" represents our philosophy on what it means to be a company that addresses the Human Capital Management (HCM) needs of small and midsized businesses. Being "in it with you" means we impact HCM in a way that is meaningful and drives business outcomes. We believe that while the SMB market has similar business challenges, there is also a uniqueness that often demands customization.
Driving our passion to address these needs is our cutting edge cloud-based software. We choose to have one platform that is scalable and dynamic. Coupled with our intuitive software is our up-skilled client services team that exists to ensure a positive experience with every call. It is the reason our clients are loyal and promote Viventium. We believe that the SMB market deserves the best in each functional area of business management surrounding managing employees. We partner and integrate with the best and most innovative companies to service need outside of the core payroll and HR functions.
Viventium Software is a privately held company with locations in New York and New Jersey. We have been in business for over 25 years and have nearly 5,000 clients.
Back to top