Senior Software QA Analyst
The Software QA Analyst is responsible for creating and implementing an end-to-end test plan and ensuring all objectives are met and that the software solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and security.
To make sure that testing is well-defined, planned and executed, the analyst ensures that every release or feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables in order to successfully create test cases and plans
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results
- Hold and facilitate test plan and case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- More than 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance of complex software platforms
- Experience with test management and bug reporting tools like PractiTest, JIRA or similar tools
- Experience in testing Web platforms and API's and knowledge of browser development tools, Fiddler, Postman, SOAP UI or similar tools
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience in Bash or PowerShell scripting a plus
- Clear and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Abstract, Analytical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to meet and focus on deadlines
- Desire to work in a socially positive environment and make a home with a great team!
Our company motto, "in it with you" represents our philosophy on what it means to be a company that addresses the HCM needs of small and mid-sized businesses. Being "in it with you" means we impact HCM in a way that is meaningful and drives business outcomes. We believe that while the SMB market has similar business challenges, there is also a uniqueness that often demands customization.
Driving our passion to address these needs is our cutting edge cloud-based software. We choose to have one platform that is scalable and dynamic. Coupled with our intuitive software is our up-skilled client services team that exists to ensure a positive experience with every call. It is the reason our clients are loyal and promote Viventium. We believe that the SMB market deserves the best in each functional area of business management surrounding managing employees. We partner and integrate with the best and most innovative companies to service need outside of the core payroll and HR functions.
Viventium is a privately held company with locations in New York and New Jersey. We have been in business for over 25 years and have nearly 5,000 clients.
About your Career with Viventium:
At Viventium, you don't work, you build. We enable companies and their employees to do their best work. We know that employees want to thrive and employers want to do what is right. The human element of HCM is what we create through our technology, service and sales. HCM is a mindset, not a catch phrase.
We promise a career changing experience where you matter. We believe that our future is dependent on the talent we recruit, develop, unleash, and retain. We believe that our client's success is the only thing we care about. If we can be strategic to our clients, then their success will insure ours.
Meet Some of Viventium's Employees
Supervisor, Client Services
Claire manages a team of client service representatives. Together, they provide outstanding client experiences and accurate, dependable HCM solutions that meet clients' needs and exceed their expectations.
Back to top