Payroll Tax Specialist
- New York, NY
Our skilled Tax Services Department is looking for an experienced professional with relevant payroll tax experience to join Viventium in Brooklyn. The Tax Services team's role is to provide all clients with payroll tax services that ensure timely and accurate tax deposits and filings and compliance with deadlines, due dates, schedules, and record retention rules.
Reporting directly to the Director of Tax Services, the Tax Service Specialist will provide payroll tax deposit and filing services to our tax service clients. The successful candidate must have excellent Excel skills and demonstrate working knowledge of compliance with multi-state and local payroll tax regulations.
- Daily Bulk Federal & Multi-State Tax Payment Processing for tax service clients.
- Generating Cash Impound files for tax service clients.
- Assisting with Quarterly Tax Fillings & Wage detail reporting (Multi-State, Federal & Local).
- Annual Federal, Multi-State and Local reconciliations and filings.
- Researching state registration and filing requirements.
- Implementing new states on tax service and updating system data.
- Onboarding of New Clients on Tax Service System.
- Reviewing and responding to tax notices received on behalf of tax service clients.
- IRS & Multi-State Agency Communication.
- Support the client services team to respond to clients' payroll tax inquiries.
- Maintenance of tax data base calculations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Tax, Accounting, or Finance with 2-7 years of relevant payroll tax experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of current payroll tax laws and regulations, including multi-state and local experience.
- Experience with payroll tax software platforms a plus (MasterTax).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Motivated team player with the ability to work on simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e. spreadsheet modeling, macro building, advanced formulas); proficient in MS Office.
- Strong organizational/ project management skills.
At Viventium, you don't work, you build. We enable companies and their employees to do their best work. We know that employees want to thrive and employers want to do what is right. The human element of HCM is what we create through our technology, service and sales. HCM is a mindset, not a catch phrase, and it certainly is not a spectator sport! We promise a career changing experience where you matter. We believe that our future is dependent on the talent we recruit, develop, unleash, and retain. We believe that our client's success is the only thing we care about. If we can be strategic to our clients then their success will ensure ours.
Our company motto "in it with you" represents our philosophy on what it means to be a company that addresses the Human Capital Management (HCM) needs of small and midsized businesses. Being "in it with you" means we impact HCM in a way that is meaningful and drives business outcomes. We believe that while the SMB market has similar business challenges, there is also a uniqueness that often demands customization.
Driving our passion to address these needs is our cutting edge cloud-based software. We choose to have one platform that is scalable and dynamic. Coupled with our intuitive software is our up-skilled client services team that exists to ensure a positive experience with every call. It is the reason our clients are loyal and promote Viventium. We believe that the SMB market deserves the best in each functional area of business management surrounding managing employees. We partner and integrate with the best and most innovative companies to service need outside of the core payroll and HR functions.
Viventium Software is a privately held company with locations in New York and New Jersey. We have been in business for over 25 years and have nearly 5,000 clients.
Back to top