- New York, NY
We are seeking a skilled Data Analyst to join our growing operations team. A successful Data Analyst will be responsible for extracting raw data across multiple systems, consolidating and optimizing it into a usable format for presentations and other reporting, including productivity metrics and productivity improvement analysis. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver with advanced knowledge of Excel creating pivot tables, VBA and/or other systems. Someone who enjoys data optimization and cleansing using formulas will do well in this role.
The Data Analyst will support our COO and his team as needed with monthly closing, financial reporting, forecasting, and other ad-hoc reporting. This individual will be self-directed, solutions-oriented and comfortable supporting multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Extract data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases, data integrity and handle data loads
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Develop and implement data collection and data analysis systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Improve report automation
- Define and report on productivity metrics and targets by department
- Deliver detailed expenses report & analysis with major focus on headcount, KPI metrics and dashboards
- Maintain rolling forecast of headcount costs, OP-EX
- Improve KPI reporting process:
- Define and improve Board reporting package
- Facilitate consistent and timely delivery of required data elements to department heads
- Present periodical financial reports to COO with detailed commentary on the variance analysis in comparison with plan and forecast.
- Partner with sales team in tracking and reporting sales pipeline and provide key sales metrics on a weekly basis to COO
- Enhance client retention reporting with information on NJ vs. BK offices
- Actively engage in development of business plan and budgeting process
- Support senior management with AD-HOC analysis as needed
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge including pivot tables, formulas and VBA code (Visual Basis for Application)
- Experience with writing macros, including macros that take user input (user interface experience is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured data
- A successful history of manipulating, extracting and merging data from discounted datasets
At Viventium, you don't work, you build. We enable companies and their employees to do their best work. We know that employees want to thrive and employers want to do what is right. The human element of HCM is what we create through our technology, service and sales. HCM is a mindset, not a catch phrase, and it certainly is not a spectator sport! We promise a career changing experience where you matter. We believe that our future is dependent on the talent we recruit, develop, unleash, and retain. We believe that our client's success is the only thing we care about. If we can be strategic to our clients then their success will ensure ours.
Our company motto "in it with you" represents our philosophy on what it means to be a company that addresses the Human Capital Management (HCM) needs of small and midsized businesses. Being "in it with you" means we impact HCM in a way that is meaningful and drives business outcomes. We believe that while the SMB market has similar business challenges, there is also a uniqueness that often demands customization.
Driving our passion to address these needs is our cutting edge cloud-based software. We choose to have one platform that is scalable and dynamic. Coupled with our intuitive software is our up-skilled client services team that exists to ensure a positive experience with every call. It is the reason our clients are loyal and promote Viventium. We believe that the SMB market deserves the best in each functional area of business management surrounding managing employees. We partner and integrate with the best and most innovative companies to service need outside of the core payroll and HR functions.
Viventium Software is a privately held company with locations in New York and New Jersey. We have been in business for over 25 years and have nearly 5,000 clients.
Back to top