Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs a variety of accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of payable account records/ invoices for Viventium's various clients and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processing daily Accounts Payable (A/P) statements/reports with QuickBooks Enterprise, or related software
- Receiving and verifying invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Data-entering invoices for payment
- Processing backup reports after data entry
- Managing weekly checks and recording all checks into software programs
- Preparing vendor checks for mailing and listing all vendor checks in a log tracking book
- Preparing manual checks as and when required
- Processing specific financial forms (e.g., tax forms, inventory/supplies order forms, etc.)
- Establishing and maintaining confidential employee files and employer/business files
- Verifying coding and obtaining signatures for specific forms and records
- Maintaining inventory files and financial documents using an organized filing system as instructed electronically or non-electronically
- Recording administrative and office expenses in software programs
- Producing and preparing daily, weekly, monthly financial statements/reports for Controller
- Verifying transactions comply with financial policies and procedures established by the Company
- Upholding professionalism by providing courteous customer service to visitors, clients, and vendors
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required
- Four or more years Accounts Payable (A/P) and/or payroll experience required
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Experience with automated accounting programs and systems
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise strongly preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks Bank Reconciliations preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks 1099 processing preferred
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent computer skills using 10-Key by touch and ability to type 40 WPM
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data
- Ability to effectively apply analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Our company motto, "in it with you" represents our philosophy on what it means to be a company that addresses the HCM needs of small and mid-sized businesses. Being "in it with you" means we impact HCM in a way that is meaningful and drives business outcomes. We believe that while the SMB market has similar business challenges, there is also a uniqueness that often demands customization.
Driving our passion to address these needs is our cutting-edge cloud-based software. We choose to have one platform that is scalable and dynamic. Coupled with our intuitive software is our up-skilled Client Services team that exists to ensure a positive experience with every call. It is the reason our clients are loyal and promote Viventium. We believe that the SMB market deserves the best in each functional area of business management surrounding managing employees. We partner and integrate with the best and most innovative companies to service needs outside of the core payroll and HR functions.
Viventium is a privately held company with locations in New York and New Jersey. We have been in business for over 25 years and have over 5,000 clients.
About your Career with Viventium:
At Viventium, you don't work, you build. We enable companies and their employees to do their best work. We know that employees want to thrive, and employers want to do what is right. The human element of HCM is what we create through our technology, service, and sales. HCM is a mindset, not a catch phrase.
We promise a career-changing experience where you matter. We believe that our future is dependent on the talent we recruit, develop, unleash, and retain. We believe that our client's success is the only thing we care about. If we can be strategic to our clients, then their success will ensure ours.
Viventium is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Viventium Software Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Meet Some of Viventium's Employees
Addy develops and maintains the annual operating budgets and forecasts for Viventium, allowing for fact-based decision making and financial visibility.
Back to top