As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Please note: this is not a particular job opening, but a post that helps us to keep connected with external talent and regularly inform about available careers opportunities.
We may not have an open position just now, but will be happy to connect for future openings at different levels and areas of expertise.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operations, and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA team within Russia provides a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients in Russia, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management and digital strategy.
We are interested to get in touch with a person who may potentially lead consulting engagements for our clients in Russia, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability across their payment businesses.
Typically, 2-4 months in duration and running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, product design and launch, development of industry landscape evaluations to inform payments strategies, and optimization of client customer experience and supporting processes.
We are potentially will be looking for an individual, who will be responsible for leading client engagements. Typically, this will involve interacting with the client team and internal staff, gathering and managing project inputs, analysing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations. At times, the individual will support business development activities by writing proposals and scoping new projects. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering revenue-generating consulting services to key Visa clients.
- Partner with the clients to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Capitalize key business opportunities and develop strategic profitability initiatives at a client and market level through information analysis and business intelligence.
- Complete consulting engagements with senior level clients, including participating in interviews, summarizing confidential client data, and generating key findings
- Manage, facilitate and implement consulting services to solve client's business
problems by leveraging clients customer data and Visa Net transaction data.
Perform statistical analyses on client portfolio data such as customer
demographics, activity, spend levels, risk and payment behavioral information.
- Create and propose high-impact strategic and tactical performance improvement
recommendations for Visa clients
- Communicate insights and findings to the clients, stake holders and non-technical audiences in the clearest and most concise manner
- Build and maintain relationships with internal Visa partners, including Visa Product Management, Visa Account Executives
- Secure new consulting engagements and re-engagements opportunities. Knowledge transfer in order to optimize business profitability for Client banks.
- Be an evangelist of data analytics, provide new data solutions and drive adherence on using data to solve business problems.
- Advise and mentor other teams and individuals on how to implement business logic in queries and make quantitative decisions based on deep understanding of the business
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service
frameworks for data consumers
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Deploy analytical models and techniques within the organization. Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current business practices within Visa.
- Suggest and deploy advanced statistically methodologies to solve business problems across the customer lifecycle. Problems related to but not limited to: developing models to predict customer churn and collaborating cross functionally to help develop marketing solutions.
- 3+ years of experience applying solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, or other data-driven functions
- A background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending, exposure to risk management, portfolio management, corporate payments, retail and merchant business or digital projects required.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field preferred, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, etc.
- Postgraduate degree with strong technical experiences would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts both internal to Visa and with the client
- Experienced project management skills, both from an individual perspective but also with respect to managing team and client expectations and deliverables.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- An affinity for payments technology and its future
- Willingness to travel domestic and international assignments
- Proficiency in Russian & English.