- Yokohama, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is responsible for IT operational support of CyberSource payment system - monitoring all critical production applications and resolve or manage the prompt resolution of all incidents. You will be expected to work closely with Visa Global Operations team (US, AP & Japan) to support all Operational life cycle for production payment processing.
In addition, you will work closely with 2nd revel reliability engineering team and customer support team to assist in all aspects of service level management, and continuous service improvement.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- The role will report to IT core system operations (Global operations) manager in Japan to responsible for CYBS production processing services and will be expected to work closely with other Operations teams in Singapore & US, Customer support team in Singapore & Japan.
- Make sure service level of day to day operations and service monitoring/supervision of applications in charge of.
- Chair and actively drive critical/major incident resolution to meet group MTTR objectives.
- Document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents on a bridge call timely and accurately.
- Accurately and promptly assess/solicit the impact, take ownership and drive incidents to resolution as dictated by the impact and severity of the problem.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to users, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages.
- Follow documented operations processes and work with appropriate groups to administer and maintain these policies to ensure standard approach is adopted during escalation or when implementing system changes.
- Provide an Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new technologies and the implementation of new software.
- Support project schedules and changes which can include participation in UAT & OAT testing, creation of process and procedures, and assist with training specific to team. This includes evaluating of products and influencing decision of purchase or outcome.
- Review and approve new alert handling procedures and ensure they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts.
- Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
- Provide routine L1 system administration on multiple server platforms (Windows, Unix/Linux, Solaris).
- Propose process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
- Responsible for providing payment system operation support including 24 x 7 adhoc escalation to support 1st level operations for application & system incidents & inquiries for both CYBS and Japanese processors.
- Analyze root cause of discrepancy of service delivery from service level objectives and required standards, raise issues and suggestions to supporting groups, make sure preventive/corrective measures are prepared and implemented.
- Responsible for the payment service operations & support with established procedures including suggests & implement new procedures or process to increase operation efficiency.
- Responsible to answering the inquiries from internal/external customers for CyberSource authorization and Clearing & Settlement platform. Analyze/identify the incident areas and recommend/coordinate corrective action.
- Responsible for providing 1st level operational support to customer support & Japan sales in trouble shooting to resolve service exceptions & client inquiries
- Next level of escalation to support supervisors or vendor senior engineers on rapid actions for prolong outages
- Create/Review ad-hoc incident & scheduled maintenance reports before dissemination
- Responsible to involve oversee implementation/ changes to work with CYBS product & development team to develop/implement Japanese specific requirement.
- Local technical/operational support for Japan project-based initiatives. (ex) JCA Security Action plan, METI CREDIT CEPTOAR, Tokyo Olympic support)
- First point of contact for service management of all technology incident and problem escalations with third party technology vendors and internal Visa staff – this will require off hours work whenever needed, and the candidate is expected to be available to lead all related activities. Also, to prevent the occurrence of the same incident again, candidate will need to ensure implementation of required remediations.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Visa’s internal teams to establish priorities, manage software delivery schedules and maintain ongoing service management.
- Some administrative work is expected, including coordinating internal meetings as well as with processors, vendors, and acquires.
- Provide backup responsibilities for local technology staff, including managing relationships with non-technology support vendors. Accountable for driving contract renewals for technology contracts with Japanese processor & local vendors, coordinating with the business, and other critical functions like finance, sourcing and legal teams including supplier management.
- Assist in identification of local suppliers, pricing and availability information to make efficient strategic system by application & product development team.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Excellent understanding and minimum 5 years hands on experience with Open Systems platforms (Windows & Unix/Linux, Solaris, SQL) or Mainframe platforms (MVS) in payment industry experience.
- Excellent understanding and at least 5 years hands on experience with Open Systems platforms (Windows & Unix/Linux, Solaris, SQL) or Mainframe platforms (MVS) in payment industry experience.
- Possesses scripting/programming knowledge or 1+ years of experience in either of the following: Java, Spring, Oracle, and other programming languages
- Understanding and experience of 24/7 technology and systems operations.
- Good understanding of networking principles.
- Good understanding of Japan unique networking principles such as Zengin, Cardnet protocol
- Possesses Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation v4 Certificate or higher certification is a plus.
- Information Security concepts and principles (ISO27001, PCIDSS, etc)
- High availability and scalable parallel processing application development concepts and principles
- Disaster Recovery and business continuity concepts and principles
- Knowledge in writing and reviewing technical documentation/tutorials for quality service desk setup to ensure L1 and L2 team performs all the agreed ITIL processes.
- This role is to support 24/7 operational department. You will require to ad-hoc work weekends and over the holiday periods for critical incident & major change support.
- Experience in managing/running high visibility technical bridge calls with real-time impact to business, crafting and sending communications to business stakeholders.
- Manage serious outages in production by interfacing between business, developers, infrastructure teams and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in English and Japanese, both oral and written as the role will involve interacting with global teams within Visa and domestic vendors, processors, acquirers and clients.
- Review and approve new procedures and prepare training material for the staff when required.
- The candidate must be a good team player and self-motivated in completing any given task with a positive attitude.
- Meticulous, highly motivated and portray a sound business ethic.
- Has strong reporting, documentation and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively communicate at a staff level and senior management level.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Must have an analytical mind - be able to analyze situations and offer solution to common problems.
- Able to work on own initiative and independently
- You will be expected to support other global applications and operational support to other teams depending on business need.
- You will be expected to provide operational support outside the agreed business hours depending on business need.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local laws.
Back to top