Staff Data Engineer – Payments Systems Risk
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year.
The Payment Systems Risk team within Visa Data Product is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate risk for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will be responsible to establish processes, automations, structures and big data systems based on business and technical requirements to channel multiple requirements, route appropriately and plan proper big data technology using combination of open source and vendor supported big data technologies, databases, and other applicable big data technologies as required.
- Work with manager and clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic data assets, implementing modelled attributes and contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Build and maintain a robust data engineering process to develop and implement self-serve data and tools for Visa’s data scientists
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Find opportunities to create, automate and scale repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Execute data engineering projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging standard development best practice methodologies
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in building large-scale applications using open source technologies. Design and coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Map Reduce
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on expertise with Java or Scala
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following database technologies: DB2, MySQL and NoSQL data warehouses such as HBase
- Experience working in an Agile and Test Driven Development environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Selenium, Chef desirable
- Experience with SAS as a statistical package is preferred
- Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Back to top