Sr.Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be part of Visa’s MAPPD Payments team in Austin , which focuses on building end to end solution for integration between merchants and various gateways and acquirers.
We are looking for a technically expert Sr Staff Software Engineer for our Payments team based out of our Austin office.
- Works with Solution or Enterprise Architecture to translate architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision and purpose.
- Possesses functional and industry experience
- Provides the technical guidance the project needs to meet the wider goals of the org strategy.
- Effectively translates functional and non- functional requirements into an engineered solution.
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing the architecture of an existing solution.
- To be successful in the role, deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, SOA principles and its related technologies, multi-tiered architecture and specific experience in designing complex solutions for processing 3000+ transactions per second.
- Leads and supports both product and technical discussions about how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the business.
- In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning new technologies, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with leadership within Visa , external teams & stakeholders.
- Teach others through informal sessions such as brown bags and tech talks.
- Coach/mentor others within sub-function.
- Plays the “Player-Coach” role for the team at project level.
- Understands how a project fits into the overall technology roadmap and communicate to the team to help establish buy-in and ownership.
- Takes ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for multiple components in a project.
- Provides consultative work throughout the project lifecycle to ensure vision and goal of project is realized through delivery.
- Is able to coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project.
- Works with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and efficiently against project requirements.
- Supports operational and QA teams in support activities such as troubleshooting, defect research, code promotion and configuration for projects lead by the engineer.
- Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software engineers. Candidate should also have passion for engineering excellence , reducing TCO and improving TTM.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+yrs of hands-on experience and deep knowledge in software product development (Java/J2EE , SOA based applications)5+ years of experience in designing/architectural horizontally scalable, multi-tenant SOA application
- Proficient in implementing design patterns.Strong understanding of :Java , J2EE , RDBMS ,NoSQLDB such as Cassandra , Mongo DB , Spring , Hibernate.
- Experience in developing and deploying components as docker containers is must.
- React / Redux experience is plus but not required.
- Divides time between active coding related activities, design, coordination, mentoring, project management, and/or leading same.
- Experience in deployment and distribution lifecycle with automated and scalable CI/CD infrastructure.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis
- A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment producing and supporting business services with tier 0 severity and flexible to work with distributed global teams and willing to support clients globally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Experience with CI/CD tools including Jenkin , Maven , Stash is must.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Back to top