Senior Staff Software Engineer, Development - Open VisaNet
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. You will be an integral part of the Open VisaNet development team. Open VisaNet; The Next Generation payment processing platform for Visa, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s Key initiative that will provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Golang, Scala, Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic Search etc.
- Design, develop and own mission-critical systems for highly scalable infrastructure for low-latency and high-throughput core payment processing system that has six 9’s availability.
- Design and develop world-class software for Cloud components. Marshall “industry coding standards”, design patterns and practices within Visa
- Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for software development and deployment on diverse platforms.
- Deliver zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables to meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Build tools to improve operational efficiency of cloud infrastructure in all areas of Infrastructure Automation i.e. Provisioning, Scaling, Availability, Upgrade, Maintenance, Security and Governance
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions
- Partner with architects to ensure that the developed solutions adhere to established best practice and architectural target state.
- Break down architected solution into smaller and achievable tasks
- Understand E2E implementation and architecture of products/apps in production to optimize and ensure efficiency
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick Proof of Concepts and converting ideas into real products
- Technically lead and mentor a team of bright and enthusiastic developers with emphasis on excellence in all of what we do
- Ensure proper metrics and instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Ensure proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Performance Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes that enable Visa to develop products and solutions, to embrace technical/business opportunities and/or improve operational efficiency
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- 4+ years of proven experience leading teams that have delivered high quality enterprise class applications that supports high-throughput/availability/resiliency/low-latency at scale
- Strong on elegant coding; can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly
- Experience with programming languages like GoLang/Java
- Experience with container technologies like docker, kubernetes and NoSql databases
- Understanding of architecture and operations of micro-service oriented systems
- Must be high impact individual with a technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with executives.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- You have strong experience with agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Checkmarx
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
- Master's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Domain experience in Payment technologies
- GoLang, event driven paradigm, development and maintenance of micro-services, alignment towards- uptime, observability, monitoring
- Expert knowledge in hardware, software, and distributed applications environments and solid understanding of their associated capacity and performance indicators
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Back to top