Senior Software Engineer - Java & Bigdata, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you ready to handle data at Visa scale?
Visa is seeking highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiast for Data Platform team. The candidate will work as part of the Data as a Service team to design and develop solutions for all data requirements. The ideal candidate will bring robust technical strength in developing solutions in extremely high volume, low latency data pipeline design and also an excellent understanding of data. This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
• Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions using BigData/Java etc.
• Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements
• Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
• Implementation of the proposed solution
• Write Unit Tests covering known use cases using appropriate tools etc
• Re-design existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
• Optimization of existing code or module to improve performance or throughput
• Work with operations to get the solutions deployed
• Ongoing enhancements and documentation of changes
• Create technical documentation for all new or modified processes
• Take ownership of production deployment of code
• Work with operations team for any production issues
• Collaborate with different teams on projects spanning across multiple teams
• Coming up with Coding and Design best practices
• Thriving in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
• Adapting fast to new application knowledge and changes
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field from one of the top institutes
- 4+ years of experience in data technologies and applications development
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Language - Java/ Python (or equivalent )
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop Stack - Kafka, Hive/Impala and PIG, MapReduce, Spark
- Design and development of applications for both Unix/Windows servers
- Strong knowledge of database concepts
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top