Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The candidate will work in Billing & Incentives Platforms Team designing, developing and implementing applications that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business function. The ideal candidate will bring extensive experience in developing (coding) solutions for functionally complex, large volume, high throughput financial systems. This role will be responsible for building technical designs, doing technical configurations and coding for successful delivery of business capabilities.
The candidate should enjoy working on diverse technologies and should be excited to take initiatives to solve complex business problems; and get the job done while taking on new challenges. You should thrive in team-oriented and fast-paced environments where each team-member is vital to the overall success of the projects.
- Develop solutions for mission critical large revenue systems, including transaction processing (mediation), pricing, rating, billing, accounts receivable and revenue reporting functions. Responsibilities include analysis, creation of technical designs, development, unit testing and support activities.
- Build/Code applications using a variety of frontend and backend technologies.
- Design and build applications with high level of scalability, resiliency and monitoring.
- With some direction, build production machine learning pipelines from dataset collection and labeling to training and validations.
- Work closely with business partners, TPMs and Product managers to drive and/or facilitate user story grooming, functional and technical specifications, workflow designs, use cases and process re-engineering.
- Manage complex application dependencies.
- Work with the team to define and refine engineering best practices and Mentor junior team for their adoption.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
- Conduct POCs to prove out concepts and select best solution approach.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced agile delivery model.
- With active engagement, collaboration, effective communication, quality, integrity and reliable delivery, develop and maintain a trusted and valued relationship with the team, customers and technology partners.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in application development and implementation (designing, coding and testing) Java based applications with exposure to both front end development frameworks and back end processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or other Engineering discipline.
- At least 3 of experience building applications using Spring Boot.
- Hands on experience in Python and building Machine Learning Models is big plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMs and SQL with experience in building complex database queries based on the understanding of the data model is a big plus.
- Experience in configuring CI/CD pipeline using industry standard tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven etc is needed.
- Experience in NoSQL such as MongoDB and Cassandra; or in PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Prior experience in building or implementing Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) will be a plus.
- Experience with messaging systems including Kafka or Active MQ will be a plus.
- Hands on experience in developing multi-threaded and scalable backend processes.
- Enjoy working fast and smart, and able to grasp complex concepts to build algorithms from scratch.
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Passionate about learning and applying new technologies; and takes pride in delivering working software
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Back to top