Risk Manager- South Cone
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for market and client fraud performance, insights and risk success measures. The position will be working closely with various key internal and external stakeholders including issuers, acquirers, merchants and processors to ensure secure business growth, by mitigating risks to the Visa payment system. The Risk Manager will also work collaboratively with global and local teams to develop, execute, and evaluate our in-country Enterprise Risk Management, Ecosystem Risk and Payment Risk Initiatives.
The Risk Manager will be involved in developing and influencing client adoption of risk reduction strategies and promoting Visa’s Payment Security roadmap in South Cone. To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who is mature, able to work independently to drive strong initiatives, yet a good team player who is self-motivated and adept at working collaboratively with the rest of the team globally and regionally. The highly matrix environment in Visa requires the individual to be collaborative with the ability to identify issues and to assess them and finally presenting to stakeholders and management with a clear point of view.
· Ensure secure business growth, while providing fact-based market insights and strategic thought-leadership to assist Visa clients in managing their fraud risk, allowing balanced customer experience and operational metrics.
· Identify in-market risks for Visa and take actions to mitigate them, including executing in-country enterprise risk management programs.
· Acting as Subject Matter Expert with clients and help troubleshoot problems.
· Collaborate to create and implement risk management roadmaps for the market, identifying methods to reduce and mitigate payment system risk, fraud and cardholder data security risks.
· Work closely and guide the country’s leadership to evaluate new Visa clients, to establish market and client plans, prioritizing activities, promote domestic processing and to promote adoption of Visa’s fraud reduction tools and authentication solutions.
· Partnering with Product Specialists and Client Services Account Managers to promote adoption and optimize the use of Visa fraud tools by client Issuers.
· Preparing advanced reports and develop complex analysis for Visa and external stakeholders.
· Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems or related fields.
· Minimum 4 years of relevant risk and business analytics experience, preferably with a large financial institution.
· The candidate must possess a high level of self-motivation, initiative and operate effectively as a team player.
· Ability to multi-task and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously.
· Wide knowledge of payment technologies and prevention systems.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze information.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations.
· Fluent in spoken and written Spanish and English (preferred).
· Previous experience in multi-functional teams to execute in market risk functions, programs and initiatives.
· Expertise in managing product risks and advising clients in implementing risk mitigation strategies, policies and solutions.
Critical Competencies for Success
· Integrity and High Ethics: Our values and our brand mandate a total commitment to honesty and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
· Curiosity and Problem Solving: Visa seeks intellectually curious individuals who are committed and passionate about continual learning and who are driven to solve problems.
· Diversity: Visa actively seeks diverse talent, who will offer different perspectives and a variety of backgrounds to enhance Visa as a company.
· Leadership: A commitment to be a strong leader is mandatory. Everyone at Visa is a Leader guided by our leadership principles:
· Teamwork: Teamwork and shared success are important to Visa given our complex ecosystem and the collaboration across function, clients and industry players that is required to address our challenges and opportunities.
· Expertise: Employees should have a passion for their domain and a willingness to build upon functional expertise and skills that help Visa differentiate and grow.
· Forward Thinking: Employees must embrace emerging technologies that are rapidly driving towards the next generation of payments.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Travel: Position might require occasional travel.
Office: Based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Back to top