Manager - Web Development
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Design, implement, and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using Java/SQL and functional programming paradigm.
- Provide management, technical leadership and mentoring of team members.
- Foster business partnerships, develop trust with business partners and stakeholders, understand business needs particularly within the context of Visa's core business, and seek to enable their business success
Should be able to able to look at the code and suggest optimization techniques.
Should have the ability to work independently and be a team player.
Actively contribute to capacity planning and disaster recovery exercises.
Support in triaging and troubleshooting of application issues r in a production environment
Monitor application performance, optimize performance bottlenecks, and usage to create an application capacity model.
- Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions while minimizing cost.
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with the security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real-time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Develop test automation tools and framework for validating highly available, fault-tolerant, scalable, low latency, distributed payments transaction processing systems
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operation & Infrastructure, Product to analyze, debug, and resolve design and code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
- Contribute to the efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Experience with highly scalable systems, async patterns, networking, routing, reactive programming preferred.
- Testing fundamentals, both unit and functional testing
- Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams
- Must be a self-learner
- Ensure all Visa security & compliance policies are established and followed consistently
- Go-getter with can-do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
- Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience with particular focus on the development and support experience in Java, Java EE technologies.
- Have relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly skilled technology teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work horizontally throughout a complex organization.
- Should have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Junit
- Knowledge of React JS and other UI Technologies or the ability to learn them quickly is a Bonus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Back to top