As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
This is a Lead Network Engineer position within the Traffic Management Global Network Engineering team. Global Network Engineering group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, and reliability of Visa Inc.'s credit and debit commercial networks (i.e. VisaNet), the enterprise corporate network, the global wide area network, the extranet/Internet networks, and the voice network. Network Engineering also shares responsibility with information security for network access and security compliance of all networks.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Work with Application teams to deploy their services with the optimal CDN and Global/Local Load Balancer design
- Gather requirements and create blueprints for Active/Active and Active/Passive application failover configurations
- Provide 3rd level technical support to Visa clients and to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Evaluate new technology and bring opportunities forward that would improve the future network architecture, performance, and network services
- Ensure full compliance of Visa Key Controls and Technical Service Requirements for all network architecture, designs, and
- implementations both past and present
- Ensure all changes go through appropriate review, change control, and acceptance before implementation
- Lead development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- Build and maintain relationships with global product development and application support teams
- Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe
- Work with Cybersecurity to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
- Development of processes and procedures for use by the Network team and third parties in the management of network environments
- Develop and position solutions and build plans to effectively gain buy-in from all participants
What we’re after…
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 5 years of experience in a Network-related field
- Extensive experience working with F5 LTM/GTM products
- Experience working with leading CDN providers, such as Akamai, Cloudflare and/or Cloudfront
- Experience with iRules creation, modification and optimization to support applications
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
- Advanced understanding of TLS protocol, including mutual authentication
- Good understanding of DNS
- Excellent communicator and team-builder, capable of establishing trust and securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions
- Python and/or Bash scripting proficiency
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.