Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Director of Solution Architecture, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
Visa Cloud Platform is looking for a seasoned Solution Architect to help design simple solutions for complex problems in cloud computing. Solution Architecture is a horizontal function in Visa, and the successful candidate will get an opportunity to make an impact on wide set of products. The Solution Architect is a technical role that reports to the head of Solution Architecture and Product Management for Visa Cloud Platform.
A Solution Architect will partner with product architects and developers of various Visa verticals to brainstorm and architect innovative Platform-as-a-Service solutions. Designing a good solution will require understanding respective Visa product and either mapping out or tailoring new solutions. A good solution architecture will consider security, scalability, fault-tolerance, agility, saving costs, and extensibility. Successful candidate will be able to empathize with developers, product managers; discuss pros and cons of a proposed solution, and be able to break ties. This role requires deeper knowledge of cloud computing with cloud-native, virtualized, and physical workloads along with their storage and networking options. Successful candidate will assess the project requirements and be able to employ appropriate technology.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years of experience in Software Engineering or Architecture with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD, PhD) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- 10 years’ experience architecting and designing large scale distributed systems
- 5 years’ experience architecting and delivering solutions on PaaS platforms
- Ability to articulate your deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different solutions
- Analytical and problem-solving skill and curiosity to tackle any complex or new problem
- 8+ years of experience as a Solution Architect or Cloud Services Architect
- Experience designing Issuer Processing and Payments Processing systems
- Deeper knowledge of PCI DSS Compliance considerations for payment systems
- Experience with data at rest, transit, and other security and privacy considerations
- Strong experience working with private cloud environments running vSphere and Windows workloads
- Strong experience working with cloud native environments using Kubernetes
- Ability to influence development teams and senior stakeholders to gain support for delivering solutions against a standardized methodology
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.