As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Cybersecurity Engineer (Product Security)
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats. We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defense. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results. Development underpins job fulfillment at Visa. As Cybersecurity Engineer, you’ll be enthused by getting forefront into various defense and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with people from a range of disciplines, as well as colleagues and clients at every level. So what do we expect of you day to day?
- Work under guidance of senior members to become a product security champion by driving Security Architecture and Design/implementation/optimization for Web, API and Mobile backend applications across Visa.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with Visa security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
- Participate in security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- You’ll be working on enabling/building security to protect the applications from attacks. Products may be built on various platforms and technologies like:
- In-house and custom developed application deployed in Public cloud like AWS, Google, Azure
- Web technologies like HTTP, SOAP, REST services, AJAX
- Databases like MySQL, MS SQL, Couchbase, Cassandra,
- Web Access Management solutions like Forgerock, Siteminder, Custom/in-house Security Frameworks
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
- Help business and product team to achieve various compliance certifications like PCI, FFIEC etc.
- Identify and analyze system and application level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Develop understanding of current compliance, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the transaction processing industry such as PCI, HIPPA, SOX, and GLB.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- A proven record of accomplishment in designing security controls for complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity and Access Management Services, Data Protection technologies, Security Information Event Management etc.
- You will have progressive experience in building secure applications preferably payment platforms, systems that can withstand all types of threats from various threat agents.
- Expertise on common web attacks and mitigations like OWASP, SANS
- Strong knowledge of deep design review and Secure Development Lifecycle methodologies, Agile based methodologies, middleware platforms, development platforms (Java, C, C++, .NET etc.)
- Knowledge of Software development in either of C/Objective-C/C++/Swift/Java
· Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
· This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law