Associate Technical Support Analyst
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The desired candidate will work in the Visa Command Center monitoring real-time Visa services. The candidate shall possess strong work ethic, with leadership skills, excellent judgment and good time management in prioritizing work, and the ability to work in fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Monitor VisaNet transactions, document, and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents timely and accurately.
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills in day-to-day work; take ownership of critical issues where appropriate, drive incidents to resolution in a timely manner as dictated by the impact and severity of the problem.
- Provide an Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new technologies and the implementation of new software;
- Working with the appropriate groups to, administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure a standard approach is adopted in the implementation of system changes; mentor team members on these policies and procedures
- Will understand and adhere to the current escalation and critical situation management process within the Global Operations Command Center
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to users, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Must develop an in-depth understanding of transaction message flow and the different types of exceptions that can be encountered resulting in cardholder impact
- Review and approve new procedures and prepare training material for the staff.
- Quickly and accurately, assess the impact of a major system or application outage and communicate the impact to management.
- Use verbal and written communication skills to ensure that management is well inform of ongoing incidents. Construct written responses based on the target audience.
- Act as a single point of contact for the team during a crisis and direct staff to communicate the impact to technical teams and management.
- Bridge Stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills along with solid presentation skills
- Excellent team player
- Understands and experience with networking
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Lead by example
- Service Desk or Operations experience with a demonstrated pattern of increased responsibility.
- Coding experience and has SQL background
- Strong technical support experience on servers, systems and network.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL) V3 or higher
- The position is permanent day 12 hours shift schedule
- Ability to speak Spanish to support LAC market.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Back to top