Senior Software Engineer - Mobile/React Native
- Denver, CO
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
In this role, you will be building features and maintaining our cross-platform application that is used daily by our patients. Your work will have a direct and meaningful impact on their lives.
We’re looking for product-minded mobile engineers who have a keen design intuition, an eye for detail, and most importantly, compassion for our patients.
- Develop meaningful, large-scale, initiatives in our mobile application utilizing React Native, TypeScript, and platform specific tooling
- Architect new components for our cross-platform component library using React Native Web
- Modernize existing screens and components to improve our patient experience and support our internationalization and localization efforts
- Collaborate with our product, design, clinical, and applied AI teams to deliver new features to our patients
- Guide and improve the technical direction of our mobile application
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Re-imagine and implement new navigation and information architecture patterns in our mobile application
- Develop new components in our component library
- Propose changes to our mobile architecture and technical direction
- Ship features that will measurably improve health of users
- Our mobile app is built on React Native, so experience working with React Native is preferred. However, we are happy to take on senior native iOS or Android engineers who are interested in learning React Native
- Experience working with backend teams integrating REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with or a desire to learn about connected devices such as fitness trackers, glucometers, and blood pressure cuffs
- An eye for design, a love of your craft, and empathy for our users. Design skills aren't required but you should be able to critique and think through how designs will impact our end users, not just the code.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Back to top