Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Virta, you will help build the foundation for all web applications including patient-facing applications and clinical workflow tools. You will have the opportunity to influence and build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions, help find and address performance issues and identify and communicate front-end best practices by teaching and learning from fellow engineers.
- 5 + years of software development experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: Node.js, React, Vue, Angular, Web Components
- Experience building and maintaining performance, usability, and accessibility of an app on a variety of devices.
- Have a systems-thinking mindset when it comes to creating reusable code and consistent user experiences.
- Comfortable working with legacy code while working towards improving it.
- Experience debating technical and usability trade-offs (with respect to accessibility, performance, asset size, maintainability, single page app, API etc.)
Nice to haves
- Experience with Swagger, Puppeteer, Jest
- Experience using and/or building living design systems.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Help identify, address and maintain performance enhancements.
- Collaborate with Product and Design Engineers to iterate on the design and implementation of features on user-facing applications.
- Contribute and promote front-end best practices across the engineering team.
- Contribute to make front end development experience seamless for all developers.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Observe current development practices and propose, execute and evangelize one or more improvements.
- Observe current application performance and propose, execute and evangelize optimizations to improve them.
- Teach and inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and giving feedback in code reviews.
- Code and ship at least one complex feature to users.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Back to top