Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
- Flexible / Remote
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
We are in the midst of migrating our data infrastructure to GCP. Joining Virta would make you one of the key people defining how healthcare data is scaled. This unique position will work closely with the analytics team as well as the development team to scale our data needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data needs, design data models in data warehouses using standard methodologies, and develop data pipelines to ensure data quality and timely delivery.
- Automate systems to ensure valid data models are preserved through the system.
- Continually capture useful data to enrich existing data for data modeling purposes.
- Develop infrastructure that enables machine learning applications at scale
- Eager to learn new technologies and adopt best practices in all areas regarding data.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Designing new data pipelines to move critical healthcare data
- Standardize data models to reduce friction in analytics
- Assist on data migration from AWS to GCP
- Can produce complex SQL as well as experience refactoring complex SQL
- Knows Python like it’s your native tongue
- Knows BigQuery and Redshift inside-out
- Familiarity with kubernetes and helm chart
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $116,398-$133,791; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Back to top