Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
We are in the midst of re-defining what our infrastructure should be for our next stage of growth. Joining Virta would make you one of the key people defining and driving the future vision of what development should be.
As a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer at Virta, you will be building the foundation that will help our company move as fast as possible while meeting security and compliance requirements. Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Enhancing system observability, reliability, and efficiency across the team using internal and external tools.
- Standardize alerting, performance monitoring and tuning across all our systems
- Redefining our GCP-based microservices around best-in-class, HIPAA/HiTrust/SOC2 compliant infrastructure technologies: Terraform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Helm, and Docker
- Further the team’s vision of automation and self-service infrastructure in a secure and compliant manner by collaborating closely with the product development teams.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Design, build and ship new infrastructure and work across engineering teams to adopt new infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform
- Begin standardizing monitoring and observability across our system in Google Cloud Platform
- Teach and inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and giving feedback during code reviews
- Propose and implement one or more process improvements to make our engineering team even better
- 4+ years of experience in deploying secure and reliable cloud infrastructures
- Experience with reliability engineering like Monitoring, Observability, Alerting, Performance Management and Tuning
- Expertise with one of the following languages: Python, Go, Bash, Ruby
- Experience setting and following best practices to support a high growth and rapidly changing environments
- Commitment to automation and problem solving with code
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Back to top