Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is in a phase of rapid growth and we are investing heavily in our infrastructure to ensure that we have a solid foundation on which to grow. This role provides a key opportunity to shape and execute our infrastructure engineering plan.
As a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer at Virta, you will be building the foundation that will help our company move as fast as possible while meeting security and compliance requirements. Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Evolving the basis of our GCP-based microservices around best-in-class, HIPAA/HITRUST/SOC2 compliant infrastructure technologies: Terraform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Helm, and Docker.
- Ship infrastructure and backend services at a high velocity, while maintaining high quality, well-structured code
- Define, build, and deploy the infrastructure systems that will help Virta evolve to support our next stage of growth
- Architect infrastructure that can handle security and compliance requirements at scale
- Support product teams in enhancing the scalability, reliability, and observability of our systems
- Coach and mentor peers to become great developers and recommend best practices and tools
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Design, build and ship new infrastructure and work across engineering teams to adopt new infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform.
- Teach and inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and giving feedback during code reviews.
- Propose and implement one or more process improvements to make our engineering team even better.
- 4+ years of experience shipping backend and infrastructure code in high quality production environments.
- Expertise with one of the following languages: Go, Python, Ruby.
- Experience setting and following best practices to support a high growth and rapidly changing environments.
- Commitment to automation and problem solving with code.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $131,646- $151,317; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Back to top