Senior Director/VP, Head of Product
Virool is a video advertising platform for brand marketers. To date, we've promoted more than 75,000 global video campaigns across our network of more than 100,000 publishing properties on desktop and mobile web, through our unique and sophisticated video ad units.
Digital video is the fastest growing online advertising format and the industry is expected to reach $5 billion this year. We are on a mission to create the most exceptional video advertising experience for our customers, having worked with some of the biggest brands including Coca-Cola, Turkish Airlines, WestJet, Under Armour and many more. Best of all, our job requires that we watch amazing online videos every day.
Virool graduated from Y Combinator in the summer of 2012 and since then, the company has raised $18M in funding from a collection of top VC firms and angel investors, including Menlo Ventures, 500 Startups, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail and AdSense), Zod Nazem (CTO, Yahoo) and others.
What it means to be a Viroolian:
There’s something that runs deep in the DNA of Virool: we see no limits. We are an inspired, fun-loving and hardworking team that believes we can change the online video advertising industry. We understand that in order to reach our goals, we need the very best people to get there. As an early member of our team, your contributions will have a major impact in our success. If being a big part of the Virool story excites you, we want to chat.
About the role:
As we invest greater resources into programmatic and video, we are looking for a strategic, analytical, and innovative Product leader to own all aspects of Product Management, US Engineering, and take it to the next level. This role will work cross-functionally between marketing, finance, sales, and our customers. You are strategic enough to lead the product and US engineering teams, but gritty enough to get your hands dirty and execute. This is a hands-on position responsible for influencing revenue optimization, owning the complex suite of products, and leading as a strategic partner to the organization. This position comes with very high-growth potential within the company.
- Link the technical and business sides of the company to fully recognize the potential of our product offerings with agencies, publishers, and the adtech community
- Own and drive the product strategy and roadmap for all our product lines through its entire lifecycle from planning to execution
- Lead the go-to-market initiatives in partnership with product marketing, which includes competitive market analysis, projections, budgets, and sales plans
- Identify, support product and engineering key metrics for operations efficiency
- Work cross-functionally with teams to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of product features
- Develop and implement Product and US Engineering's goals and objectives and set performance measurement to drive improvement
- Build, define, and refine business processes that may directly or indirectly impact Product and Engineering
- Manage a team of talented Product professionals and Engineers
- Bachelors degree in a technical concentration, preferably Computer Science or Engineering. Masters ideal.
- 10+ years experience in Product Management and Engineering
- Adtech and start-up experience required
- Must have managed Product and Engineering teams
- Experience in defining, driving and shipping mass market consumer software or services
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Proven experience discussing technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Is a entrepreneurial do-er who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Virool, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top