Senior Director, Controller
Virool is a video advertising platform for brand marketers. To date, we've promoted more than 75,000 global video campaigns across our network of more than 100,000 publishing properties on desktop and mobile web, through our unique and sophisticated video ad units.
Digital video is the fastest growing online advertising format and the industry is expected to reach $5 billion this year. We are on a mission to create the most exceptional video advertising experience for our customers, having worked with some of the biggest brands including Coca-Cola, Turkish Airlines, WestJet, Under Armour and many more. Best of all, our job requires that we watch amazing online videos every day.
Virool graduated from Y Combinator in the summer of 2012 and since then, the company has raised $18M in funding from a collection of top VC firms and angel investors, including Menlo Ventures, 500 Startups, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail and AdSense), Zod Nazem (CTO, Yahoo) and others.
What it means to be a Viroolian:
There’s something that runs deep in the DNA of Virool: we see no limits. We are an inspired, fun-loving and hardworking team that believes we can change the online video advertising industry. We understand that in order to reach our goals, we need the very best people to get there. As an early member of our team, your contributions will have a major impact in our success. If being a big part of the Virool story excites you, we want to chat.
About the role:
Virool is seeking a Senior Director, Controller to manage all daily financial activities, accounting operations, and build out the scalable financial controls of our company. This is the most senior finance and accounting professional on the team and will manage an Accountant. The role is hands-on with high growth potential working cross-functionally with all departments, interact with external clients, and be an integral member of the management team.
The ideal candidate is results-oriented and enjoys building processes from scratch, implementing best-practice procedures for a growing 100+ employee company, optimizing our complex payment network of 30,000 clients and 500 publishers, and planning/forecasting for strategic business growth.
- Build, prepare, and revise all financial statements (P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Drive AP/AR; actively manage invoicing, AR and monthly revenue recognition, including:
- Invoicing clients
- Collecting payments from clients
- Processing publisher payments
- Create budgets for various departments
- Optimize cost expenditures and operations efficiency
- Work cross-functionally, specifically with Sales and services teams
- Develop and Implement internal controls; ensuring maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Maintain current business forecast and cash flow
- Partner with stakeholders to assess and execute business process improvement
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 10+ years progressive, related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to educate/present to a non-finance audience
- Strong influencing and negotiating abilities with diplomacy
- Fluency in GAAP principles
- Experience building and implementing A/R, A/P, and full bookkeeping practices (full-cycle accounting)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with FP&A
- Strong knowledge of accounting tools/offerings available and their pros and cons
- Proven experience with Quickbooks Online
- Ability to work independently to solve challenges with a sense of urgency
- Experience working autonomously in an environment that require collaborative decision-making and problem-solving
- Experience working in an industry that had NET 30-90 payment collection terms from their clients
- M&A (past experience with pre-IPO companies)
- Adtech experience
- Mix of start-up, large enterprise, and/or Big 4 experience
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Virool, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top