Publisher Account Manager
Virool is a video advertising platform for brand marketers. To date, we've promoted more than 75,000 global video campaigns across our network of more than 100,000 publishing properties on desktop and mobile web, through our unique and sophisticated video ad units.
Digital video is the fastest growing online advertising format and the industry is expected to reach $5 billion this year. We are on a mission to create the most exceptional video advertising experience for our customers, having worked with some of the biggest brands including Coca-Cola, Turkish Airlines, WestJet, Under Armour and many more. Best of all, our job requires that we watch amazing online videos every day.
Virool graduated from Y Combinator in the summer of 2012 and since then, the company has raised $18M in funding from a collection of top VC firms and angel investors, including Menlo Ventures, 500 Startups, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail and AdSense), Zod Nazem (CTO, Yahoo) and others.
What it means to be a Viroolian:
There’s something that runs deep in the DNA of Virool: we see no limits. We are an inspired, fun-loving and hardworking team that believes we can change the online video advertising industry. We understand that in order to reach our goals, we need the very best people to get there. As an early member of our team, your contributions will have a major impact in our success. If being a big part of the Virool story excites you, we want to chat.
About the role:
We are seeking a resourceful, industry-savvy and highly-organized Publisher Development Account Manager to manage some of the biggest accounts and ensure maximum value-add to the Publisher Development function. This candidate will work with premium publishers from pre-sales to onboarding and ramp and growth to optimize relationship value. This role takes new outstream video publishers through implementation and launch, introduce best practices for optimal performance, proactively problem solve, and provide best-in-class service for ongoing relationship management. You will be the publisher’s go-to point of contact for all things Virool with a goal to maximize yield, revenue, value, and retention.
The Publisher Development team exists to successfully onboard, nurture and grow all of Virool’s publisher accounts. We strive to achieve maximum retention by staying well ahead of problems and working closely with Product to enhance features and functionality for the benefit of our clients. This is an important hire for the team as this person will be responsible for some of the biggest publisher clients in the world.
- Manage and grow relationships with premium publisher clients and programmatic inventory partners during pre-sale, on-boarding, ramp and growth
- Use critical thinking and data to analyze growth opportunities and resolve complex business obstacles
- Develop relationship at all levels (from executive decision-makers to platform operators)
- Monitor and analyze metrics to proactively improve performance of video placements and overall yield management
- Understand Virool’s platform capabilities and best practices to serve as a consultative expert in the video landscape
- Stay current with industry trends and our position relative to them to ensure our publisher partners are positioned to win
- Serve as the front-line resource for publishers and relay feedback to internal teams to improve product features, guide the product roadmap and overall publisher offering
- Bachelor’s degree
- A 2-5 years experience in a publisher-facing and client-facing experience in the online publisher or digital media space (bonus points for experience working at a publisher)
- Expert-level understanding of digital video advertising technologies, programmatic and the digital revenue ecosystem including knowledge of yield, fill rate, and CPM implications and how they affect one another
- Relentless approach to problem-solving with an unyielding desire to solve your clients’ problems -- even when it’s out of your direct control
- Proven track record of relationship management, including experience achieving client retention targets and weekly touchpoint goals
- Ability to derive deep business insights through analysis of publisher performance data and trends and relay back to clients
- Highly organized; ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously, working with clients across multiple time zones
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Virool, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Virool's Employees
Senior Brand Marketing Manager
Kara sets the tone by proofing announcements, crafting content, and filling Virool's digital channels with industry news to position it as a video marketing authority.
Back to top