Virool is a video advertising platform for brand marketers. To date, we've promoted more than 75,000 global video campaigns across our network of more than 100,000 publishing properties on desktop and mobile web, through our unique and sophisticated video ad units.
Digital video is the fastest growing online advertising format and the industry is expected to reach $5 billion this year. We are on a mission to create the most exceptional video advertising experience for our customers, having worked with some of the biggest brands including Coca-Cola, Turkish Airlines, WestJet, Under Armour and many more. Best of all, our job requires that we watch amazing online videos every day.
Virool graduated from Y Combinator in the summer of 2012 and since then, the company has raised $18M in funding from a collection of top VC firms and angel investors, including Menlo Ventures, 500 Startups, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail and AdSense), Zod Nazem (CTO, Yahoo) and others.
What it means to be a Viroolian:
There’s something that runs deep in the DNA of Virool: we see no limits. We are an inspired, fun-loving and hardworking team that believes we can change the online video advertising industry. We understand that in order to reach our goals, we need the very best people to get there. As an early member of our team, your contributions will have a major impact in our success. If being a big part of the Virool story excites you, we want to chat.
The Accountant will be a vital part of the day-to-day operations through fostering client relationships and supporting the sales and business development efforts at Virool. The company is focused on becoming data-driven and is looking to tighten up its accounting and financial processes and procedures. This role will report to the Controller and will interact closely and effectively with all aspects of the business including clients, employees, and management.
- Full-cycle Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable management
- Documents, tracks, and process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and internal control procedures
- Verify, research discrepancies and seek resolutions to clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization by sending bill reminders and contacting clients with outstanding accounts
- Analyze, review, and post transactions to General Ledger
- Prepares special periodic financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends to be communicated to management
- Assist with Month End Close
- Optimize operational processes and maintain accounting controls to promote accuracy and efficiency
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Maintains integrity and protect operations by keeping information confidential
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- 3-6+ years progressive experience
- BS Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices, collection regulations, and industry best practices
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on advanced experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- High sense of urgency, results-oriented
- Start-up accounting experience ideal
- High level of emotional intelligence and integrity
- Willingness to learn
- Innovative with an emphasis on process improvement
Virool provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, medical condition, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status or status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking.
Back to top