Virool is a video advertising platform for brand marketers. To date, we've promoted more than 75,000 global video campaigns across our network of more than 100,000 publishing properties on desktop and mobile web, through our unique and sophisticated video ad units.
Digital video is the fastest growing online advertising format and the industry is expected to reach $5 billion this year. We are on a mission to create the most exceptional video advertising experience for our customers, having worked with some of the biggest brands including Coca-Cola, Turkish Airlines, WestJet, Under Armour and many more. Best of all, our job requires that we watch amazing online videos every day.
Virool graduated from Y Combinator in the summer of 2012 and since then, the company has raised $18M in funding from a collection of top VC firms and angel investors, including Menlo Ventures, 500 Startups, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail and AdSense), Zod Nazem (CTO, Yahoo) and others.
What it means to be a Viroolian:
There’s something that runs deep in the DNA of Virool: we see no limits. We are an inspired, fun-loving and hardworking team that believes we can change the online video advertising industry. We understand that in order to reach our goals, we need the very best people to get there. As an early member of our team, your contributions will have a major impact in our success. If being a big part of the Virool story excites you, we want to chat.
The Account Executive Role:
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving an individual quarterly and annual sales quota based on opportunities sourced in an assigned geographic territory and agency list. The sales executive will be responsible for maintaining and growing an existing client list and prospecting future customers that will contribute to meaningful revenue and strategic business opportunities for the company. Candidate must be a team player and able to collaborate with their direct team, the sales organization as a whole, and everyone in the company that’s thoroughly committed to our success. Virool seeks candidates who are self-motivated, excited about the advertising and technology industries, solutions-oriented and love to win.
- Prospect, develop, maintain and grow revenue-generating relationships with advertisers and agencies in the New York area.
- Work with all internal groups (sales development, strategy, adops, marketing, etc.) to prospect new business, ensure campaign success and to grow Virool’s position in the marketplace.
- Communicate Virool’s offerings and unique value proposition to advertisers and agencies via email, over the phone, through in-person meetings/presentations and through formal campaign proposals.
- Manage complex sales cycles and clearly convey the company’s value proposition to clients as products evolve, capabilities expand and market dynamics change.
- Report and track all revenue, including sales activity and deal pipeline through SalesForce.
- Secure revenue through the sale of Virool Full Service products while simultaneously pitching enterprise opportunities via SAAS commercial agreements.
- Participate in industry events to build the Virool brand in New York.
- Entertain clients out of the office to build stronger relationships.
- Represent Virool with the highest level of integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years of advertising technology and/or media sales experience, with at least half at a high paced organization, preferably in a quota bearing sales position.
- Ability to effectively manage a weekly schedule with a minimum of 10-12 client engagements.
- Strong relationships at multiple levels with advertisers and agencies.
- Effective communication with management to forecast revenue accurately.
- Work well with the entire sales team as a collaborative contributor to our overall goals.
- Independent Problem Solver- comes with solutions, not just challenges.
- Has a high sense of integrity and respects clients and colleagues.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate company value prop through a variety of formats: presentations, software demonstrations, and casual conversation.
Virool provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, medical condition, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status or status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking.
Back to top