Client Manager/Online Project Manager
About the Position
The Client Manager (CM) position at Virid is one of the ecommerce industry’s most exciting positions and offers the opportunity to work with some of the internet’s most respected retail brands. Since our Clients are the heart of our business, this is the most critical position we offer. This role will be the client’s primary point of contact within Virid for and will manage ongoing communications, projects and support for between 2 and 6 retail brands. Our Client Managers are the vital link between our Clients and the Virid internal Team. They will act as an expert advisor to their brands, both on the Virid platform and the ins and outs of their custom solution, teaching clients about new product features or fielding questions about how their full technology solution works. For new development work, they will act as a Client advocate, clearly communicating internally the business requirements or concerns driving any request, enabling developers to design the best possible technical solution for our Client’s needs. The CM will manage technical and design resources for these projects to ensure on time and on budget delivery and keep Clients updated on progress.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, and superior interpersonal skills with the ability to immediately establish one’s credibility with senior executives
- Good understanding of how a website functions, what a custom CMS is, and how data moves through systems.
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders, internal and external, on a single technology project
- Ability to breakdown complex technology concepts and communicate those concepts to Clients and internal stakeholders in a way that they will understand.
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters; think creatively about how to provide the highest level of customer service
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and self-motivated—able to drive priorities while working independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure, as well as a positive attitude
- Strong comfort with a technology development environment, including requirements gathering
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience
How You’ll Contribute:
- Act as the primary point of contact for our Clients, promptly reviewing all request as they come in and either answering them directly, or bringing in the correct team members to provide the support needed.
- Coordinating between Clients, internal resources, and potentially Client’s external partners to define and scope custom technology solutions – ranging from an hour of work to months’ worth of effort. Lead, manage and implement approved efforts using Atlassian Products (JIRA, Service Desk, Confluence).
- Define and lead QA activities both during development and upon completion of projects.
- Serve as both a Client & Virid advocate. The CM will be responsible for nurturing a healthy positive partnership between our clients and ourselves.
- Provide on-going training and support to our Clients on tools and platform features, leveraging existing help content or creating new content when appropriate
- Offer suggestions and feedback to our clients on how to better leverage product features or partner opportunities to drive improvements to their bottom line.
Not required, but make us go “oooh”:
- Strong background in eCommerce
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool set (JIRA/Service Desk/Confluence) and Scrum/Kanban development methodology
- Experience in online marketing, and/or promotion development
- Deep Knowledge of internet technology
- Experience with PCI/WCAG
Meet Some of Virid's Employees
Sean works with the Virid Delivery Team to manage the company’s back-end database and web assets, as well as its front-end client e-commerce code.
Back to top