The UI/UX Designer creates the look and feel of the Virgin Mobile USA website. You'll dress up our soon-to-be-launched, extremely user-friendly website through stunning visual treatments, precise UX and UI patterns and usability testing that continuously improves the site and finds that happy place between customers and business requirements.
- Develop eye-catching, relevant, and aesthetically-pleasing graphics
- Understand business needs while representing the user experience
- Comprehend technical, business, time limitations and design within constraints
- Lead regular design reviews and clearly rationalize and justify design work
- Gauge usability of new products and make constructive suggestions for change
- Communicate design goals to the development and product teams
- Provide expertise on design and usability and execute UI/UX strategy
- Create web, e-commerce design, plus user flows, wireframes and responsive UI
- Demonstrate experience in iteratively improving conversions based on data
- Possess knowledge of the React framework, HTML standards and accessibility
Ideal candidate will also demonstrate these personal attributes:
- Play nice with others and create a cooperative work environment
- Deliver straight-up communication across the marketing and engineering teams
- Motivate and mentor teammates for a healthy and welcoming development team
- Use excellent verbal and written communication skills daily
- Good sense and understanding of visual design with an exceptional eye for detail
- Penchant for doing great work and a passion to create exceptional products
- Communicate conceptual ideas/design rationale to development and management
- Familiarity with platform-specific design patterns and best practices
- Understanding of user-centered design principles
- Desire to learn new technologies and be willing to go "all in" to achieve goals
- An innovative spirit and an enduring sense of humor
- Passion for finding new ways of doing things and continuously improving
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years experience creating web site visuals or other digital media
- Portfolio of representative work
- Three years interactive design agency, marketing or PR experience
- Three years Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite of products experience
- Visual / Interactive Design or related degree
Virgin is one of the world's most recognized and beloved brands. It represents inspiration, innovation, and changing business in a way that makes the world a better place. It's a culture where people find a way to say "yes" to bold ideas. Virgin Mobile USA brings the "Virgin Way" to wireless. It has always been a disruptive force, and as the industry evolves, we are pushing to stay ahead. There has never been a better time to join Virgin Mobile as we are in the middle of evolving the brand and the way we do business to once again drive real change and innovation. Why do consumers love their phones and their apps, but not their carriers? It's because carriers are boring, even utility-like. Virgin Mobile is everything but a carrier or a utility. It brings a way of living and an experience to wireless that others can't seem to replicate. We are looking for individuals who can fully embrace the Virgin philosophy and use it to make a difference in the world, who want to blow away customer expectations, and who live to pursue a mission in life as opposed to a corporate career. If you think you've got this passion and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals, check us out. We're excited to meet you!
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. Sprint will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Equal opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Vet
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to [email protected] or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980.
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster; Pay Transparency Notice Poster; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster.
See Inside the Office of Virgin Mobile
Virgin Mobile USA brings the "Virgin Way" to wireless. It's always been a disruptive force, and as the industry evolves, the company is pushing to stay ahead. Why do consumers love their phones and their apps—but not their carriers? Carriers are boring. But Virgin Mobile brings a way of living and an experience to wireless that others can't seem to replicate.
Back to top