Senior Front End Engineer
- Lead day-to-day front-end development of Virgin Mobile web properties.
- Implement UX designs in performant, usable and accessible patterns.
- Integrate Virgin Mobile web properties with third-party systems and APIs.
- Champion code quality, reuse, and extensibility and best practices.
- Communicate effectively across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Connect lower-level technical details to the needs of the business.
- Positively motivate and mentor junior team members.
- Provide expertise on codebase and technology stack.
- Senior front-end developer
- Accountable quality of front-end code and implementation of UX and UI
- Responsible for code development
- Works daily with designers, back-end engineers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Strong experience in CSS
- A strong understanding of HTML standards, accessibility, and how to write good markup in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with JSON APIs and SaaS
- Experience working in a scrum-based Agile environment.
- A solid understanding of design principles
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years work experience
- Experience working with Java, Django or Rails a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills
- A relentless desire to get the details just right - on a deadline.
- A strong desire to mentor and help create a healthy, inviting development team.
- A strong belief in the value of end-user functionality and easy to use interface design
- A solid focus on business outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Virgin is one of the world's most recognized and beloved brands. It represents inspiration, innovation, and changing business in a way that makes the world a better place. It's a culture where people find a way to say "yes" to bold ideas. Virgin Mobile USA brings the "Virgin Way" to wireless. It has always been a disruptive force, and as the industry evolves, we are pushing to stay ahead. There has never been a better time to join Virgin Mobile as we are in the middle of evolving the brand and the way we do business to once again drive real change and innovation. Why do consumers love their phones and their apps, but not their carriers? It's because carriers are boring, even utility-like. Virgin Mobile is everything but a carrier or a utility. It brings a way of living and an experience to wireless that others can't seem to replicate. We are looking for individuals who can fully embrace the Virgin philosophy and use it to make a difference in the world, who want to blow away customer expectations, and who live to pursue a mission in life as opposed to a corporate career. If you think you've got this passion and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals, check us out. We're excited to meet you!
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. Sprint will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Equal opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Back to top