Applications Developer - Pinsight Media
Develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Analyzes systems requirements, existing business processes and information systems. Codes, tests, and debugs documents, and implements software applications that are more complex with full competency.
The ideal Java Server Apps Dev candidate will have the following skill and experience:
- Three years of experience with Java
- Proficient in JSON and SQL
- Experience with agile SDLC, scrum
- Knowledge of J2EE, JBoss/WildFly, JMS, Tomcat, or similar J2EE/Servlet containers
- App Server Database Experience such as JDBC, JPA/Hibernate, Cassandra, Mysql, etc
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Strong grasp of multithreaded development constructs such as thread pooling patterns, synchronized (mutexed) critical sections, deadlocks, and race conditions
- Knowledge of asynchronous io development methodologies (i.e. Future, scheduled tasks, event driven i/o, etc…)
- Knowledge of revision source control of some fashion; Git knowledge
- Experience with A Java build tool such as Ant, Maven, Gradle, Maven
- Experience with a Java IDE such as Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ
- Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
- Two years systems development experience
- Two years coding experience
- Two years software application experience
- Willing and able to learn new software languages, DBA tasks, IDE’s, etc.
- Adapt to changing requirements and direction
- Understand the product lifecycle methodology
- Self motivated to drive product development and work closely with product mangers to convert user requirements and use cases into implementable technical solutions
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written, with a strong competence in creating technical specifications, and producing working commercial products.
Pinsight Media+ is a mobile data company. Our mission is to help connect brands with their mobile audience through analytics, advertising and commerce. Across all our product lines, we let mobile data tell its story, solve problems and ultimately boost revenue. We make mobile data matter. If you want to be a part of this forward-looking business opportunity, Pinsight Media+ is where you need to be.
While most Sprint employees are on the front lines in our retail and call centers, there is a force of corporate employees who keep the company charging ahead. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Behind each of these technologies is a corporate force made up of Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Strategy, Network and IT.
This is a fiercely competitive industry, and Sprint employees all share a common job description: Beat our competitors by providing unrivaled service and value to our customers. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. Sprint will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Equal opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Vet
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to [email protected] or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980.
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster; Pay Transparency Notice Poster; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster.
See Inside the Office of Virgin Mobile
Virgin Mobile USA brings the "Virgin Way" to wireless. It's always been a disruptive force, and as the industry evolves, the company is pushing to stay ahead. Why do consumers love their phones and their apps—but not their carriers? Carriers are boring. But Virgin Mobile brings a way of living and an experience to wireless that others can't seem to replicate.
Back to top