Senior Data Scientist
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Your role at Vim as a Senior Data Science:
Vim's mission is to power affordable, high quality health care through seamless connectivity. We're a technology company that builds digital infrastructure for US health care. Health plans, patients, and medical providers of every size – from independent practitioners to integrated delivery systems – use our software to connect data and care across the health system.
We have unique access to health insurance and electronic health record data. Our goal is to use our unique access to this information to help our members and their providers improve the health of the populations we serve. You will be part of the team responsible to organize and transform this data into actionable insights that will help Vim members and providers.
What you will do:
- Create, build and implement state-of-the-art machine learning models to maximize conversion and optimize performance.
- Analyze and engineer large and varied amounts of data.
- Work on machine learning projects from start to finish: data exploration, feature engineering/definition, model building, performance evaluation and help in implementation.
- Implement advanced analytical methods (machine learning, statistical/mathematical modeling) on large amounts of medical data – work with all areas of modeling workflow and clearly present and communicate the findings.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs and have the ability to formulate those needs and complete and present end-to-end analysis.
What we are looking for:
- BSc or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant hands-on experience as a Data Scientist / Machine Learning professional.
- Experience in machine learning and predictive modeling, statistical tools, applied mathematics, analyzing data.
- Experience with Python and SQL programming language.
- Quick learner, independent, methodical, and detail-oriented.
- Team player, positive attitude, collaborative, good communication skills.
- Flexible, capable of making decisions in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- High level of verbal and written English.
Nice to have, but certainly not necessary:
- M.Sc or Ph.D. in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or an equivalent field.
- Strong experience in building and deploying ML algorithms in a production environment.
- Experience in the healthcare domain and/or biomedical knowledge.
About us: We are headquartered in San Francisco, with R&D in Tel Aviv, and are backed by Sequoia, GreatPoint Ventures, Optum Ventures, and large BCBS payers. Our customers include health plans and physician-led healthcare systems.
By inputting your information and clicking “Submit Application”, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to Vim’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top