Application Security Engineer
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Your role at Vim as an Application Security Expert:
Vim's mission is to power affordable, high quality health care through seamless connectivity. We're a technology company that builds digital infrastructure for US health care. Health plans, patients, and medical providers of every size – from independent practitioners to integrated delivery systems – use our software to connect data and care across the health system.
What you will do:
As an application security expert, you’ll provide guidance and lead our Secure SDLC program. Among those responsibilities:
- Provide guidance on prioritization and remediation of security issues.
- Provide guidance on secure SDLC implementation.
- Assess the risks of new initiatives and features.
- Mentor development teams through training, brown bags, and hackathons.
- Assess the application design and architecture against security best practices.
- Perform threat modeling of new and existing applications.
- Conduct manual security assessments against web applications and APIs.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with application security and hands-on penetration testing
- Experience in application development with at least one modern programming language.
- Knowledge of OWASP
- Knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps practices (including CICD security controls)
- Experience performing code reviews
- Knowledge of web application architectures
- Knowledge of threat modeling
- Cloud technology, specifically AWS
About us: We are headquartered in San Francisco, with R&D in Tel Aviv, and are backed by Sequoia, GreatPoint Ventures, Optum Ventures, and large BCBS payers. Our customers include health plans and physician-led healthcare systems.
By inputting your information and clicking “Submit Application”, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to Vim’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
Back to top