Director of Finance and Operations
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grant accounting.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Managing Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Work closely with the organization’s core practices to develop program budgets for grant proposals.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Work with the Managing Director to effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the board of directors.
VilCap Operations and IT Support
- Oversee day-to-day office management for HQ office and satellite offices as needed
- Complete registrations / regulatory filings as needed
- Ensure continued legal compliance for our foreign entities
- Manage and track company equipment
- Oversee general IT support to HQ office and satellites office as needed, working with internal operations manager
- Liaise with legal counsel on vendor, licensing, employee contracts as needed
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA or related degree
- 6-8 years of overall professional experience; including 5 years of direct experience in a finance and accounting focused role
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- A track record in grants management
- Non-profit or social business experience preferred
- Experience with vendor tracking and management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Village Capital's Employees
Manager of U.S. Operations
It is Ebony’s responsibility to ensure the quality of Village Capital’s programs, as well as the ethnic, gender, and regional diversity of the ventures selected to participate.
Back to top