Director of Finance and Operations
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grant accounting.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Managing Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Work closely with the organization’s core practices to develop program budgets for grant proposals.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Work with the Managing Director to effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the board of directors.
VilCap Operations and IT Support
- Oversee day-to-day office management for HQ office and satellite offices as needed
- Complete registrations / regulatory filings as needed
- Ensure continued legal compliance for our foreign entities
- Manage and track company equipment
- Oversee general IT support to HQ office and satellites office as needed, working with internal operations manager
- Liaise with legal counsel on vendor, licensing, employee contracts as needed
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA or related degree
- 6-8 years of overall professional experience; including 5 years of direct experience in a finance and accounting focused role
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- A track record in grants management
- Non-profit or social business experience preferred
- Experience with vendor tracking and management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Village Capital's Employees
Energy U.S. Associate
Hannah supports all aspects of Village Capital’s investment readiness programs for early-stage startups that are solving challenges in the energy industry to create a more sustainable future.
Back to top