Director, Business Development
- Lead the US Ventures team in securing financial support needed to run programs that grow great companies and make successful peer-selected investments across the US
- Maintain and deepen ongoing relationships with major funding partners and clients, including individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Raise Village Capital’s profile through public speaking opportunities, engaging related regional or industry communities, and otherwise adding value to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and test new ways of adding value to funders, investors, and entrepreneurs, as a key part of Village Capital’s learning culture.
Traits we're looking for:
- You’re passionate about the role that entrepreneurs play in solving major global problems—particularly ideas out of the mainstream.
- You’re excited about collaborating with a range of existing and potential partners to help us fulfill our mission.
- You’re a creator.
- You love building relationships - both externally with current and potential new partners, and internally amongst your peers.
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA or related degree
- 6-8 years of overall professional experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Non-profit or social business experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven track record in project management
- You’re an influencer - you have a track record of securing six figure sponsorship and/or donations
- You are committed to delivering only the highest-quality results and love exceeding expectations.
Meet Some of Village Capital's Employees
Manager of U.S. Operations
It is Ebony’s responsibility to ensure the quality of Village Capital’s programs, as well as the ethnic, gender, and regional diversity of the ventures selected to participate.
Back to top