Senior Software Engineer
What does VigLink do? Watch this quick video to find out.
VigLink is located in heart of San Francisco and backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Emergence Capital, and RRE. VigLink manages a publisher network of over 2 million sites and apps, a well as an advertiser network of over 50,000 brands and merchants.
About the Senior Software Engineer role:
VigLink is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Engineering team to join our world-class software development team. This Engineer would help grow the scalability, reliability, performance, and usage of our core platform and data in the ad-tech ecosystem.
At VigLink we appreciate leaders and are looking for someone who can lead project development teams working on java web application development, data management, and applications for our core platform and data pipeline.
- Successfully lead SDLC projects (large volumes of code with multiple branches, formal integration procedures, etc.), demonstrating end-to-end ownership, to ensure on-time delivery of projects
- Mentor team-members and provide design guidance & quality feedback in code reviews
- Participate in the hiring of new developers and manage direct/indirect teams
- Develop large, complex web-based distributed applications using Java and established frameworks
- Assess and design scalable solutions to handle high volume traffic, while producing and testing build artifacts
- Design and implement RESTful APIs to help the team build fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Utilize AWS tools and APIs, and modify existing software to correct errors and improve its performance
- Lead test driven development in an Agile environment
Our Tech Stack
- Technologies: Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, Puppet
- Frameworks: Hibernate, Spring MVC, AngularJS, Flex
- Database: Cassandra, MySQL, Hive
- Web Services: RESTful, AWS
- 7+ years professional experience as a software engineer with detailed knowledge of Java, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Data warehouse technical architectures, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- 2+ years as Manager or Tech Lead of teams of 5-8 engineers
- Minimum of a M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in ecommerce or ad-tech, web analytics, search, and cloud computing space
- Competitive salary packages, 401(k), medical, holidays, and unlimited vacation
- Free lunches twice a week, office happy hours, and team outings
- Flexible work time
- Collaborate with bright, motivated, and accomplished engineers in a fun and fast paced environment!
Back to top